Grace is an Oregon author with two published books, Needs which depicts the voices of deeply conflicted at-risk youth, and Negotiating Shadows (published in summer of 2011). The documentary The Fire of Street Joan will be available soon.
Grace is currently a contributor to
Experience: Past and Present
- Published articles for Oregon Mediation Association - Negotiating Shadows: Working with Extreme Conflict (2009)
- Published Author with books at Multnomah County Library system and PSU library. (2010)
- Published articles for Portland Addiction Examiner.com (2010-11)
- Teach writing workshops, various locations in Portland, Oregon
- Teach web-based creative writing workshops as tool for conflict resolution. (2010-11)
- Creative/Dramatic Expression researcher and instructor with ongoing projects with at-risk people. (2008) Certified Mediator, member of Oregon Mediation Association. (2006-2008)
- Adjunct faculty at UAF (University Alaska Fairbanks) developed and taught curriculum Holistic Approach to Addiction for Tanana Valley Campus and special topics teacher for Honors program. (May 2003 to 2004)
- Employed as addiction counselor at Fairbanks Native Association. Worked with both elders and youth at risk. (Jan. 2001)
- Member of Oregon Authors with two published books and third one coming out in 2011.
- Member of Gang Violence Task Force, Police Review Board and Portland Downtown Neighborhood Association. (2009-2010)
- Directed plays which cast street people, battered women, disabled children and elders, for Lee H. Salisbury Theatre and Wood Center stage in Fairbanks, Alaska. (2004-05)
- Member of Portland Area Theatre Alliance. (2009) Presenter at City Wide Fertile Ground New Works Theatre Festival Portland, Oregon. (2009).
- Workshop at Portland State University (PSU) sharing the process of working with drama for youth at-risk in juvenile justice. Work published by PSU. (2009)
- MA Conflict Resolution Portland State University (Fall 2008)
- BA Drama Therapy University Alaska, Fairbanks. (May 2005)
- AAS (Association of Applied Science) degree in Human Services University Alaska Fairbanks. (May 2003)
- Certified Mediator/Negotiation Portland State University (Fall 2006)
- Professional Author, member of Oregon Authors Assoc. (2010-11)
uafpsu [at] yahoo [dot] com
Grace’s current resume is available for
Click here for Microsoft word document (.doc) format
download in two printable formats.
Click here for Adobe pdf format
Right-Click (Windows) or Control-Click (Macintosh) on the above links to download file to your desktop.
Left-Click (Windows) or Click (Macintosh) to view directly in a browser equipped for these document formats.